Business Email Address, Why you NEED It
WHY YOU SHOULD USE A BUSINESS EMAIL…FOR YOUR BUSINESS!
There are so many decisions to make when setting up a business. One question that is regularly asked is “Should I have a business email for my business?”
The answer is YES.
Benefits of having a domain business email address:
A business email address should ideally include your domain (…@yourbusiness.com) to match your website and brand.
1. Professionalism – Business sales are all about trust and good impressions. An email coming from an account without a business domain is a lot less likely to be opened than one with a domain as it lacks trust. Did you know that most people look at the sender of the email first? This just emphasises the importance of a business domain name over a personal one. It shows you do business properly, that you take it seriously!
2. Your Brand Identity – Your email address is a part of your online identity, alongside your website and social media. Keep your brand consistent across all these platforms. A professional email address that is consistent with your website and brand, will build the trust that is required for online sales.
3. Edge Over Competition –If a customer is choosing between two different companies for a particular service or product, a domain email address can make the difference! A business email address appears to be more professional, and the company seems more attractive to customers. Therefore, if you have a professional email and your competition hasn’t, who do they think they will go for?
WHY SHOULD YOU SEPARATE YOUR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS EMAILS?
1. Privacy – You have a lot more control over your account and your customer’s information on a business account rather than a free one.
2. Accessibility – Fully separate customer emails and your own personal emails. Making sure nothing gets lost or mixed up.
3. Security – You have full control over your account when you have a business account which is why it seems more professional = higher security!
4. Portability – With a business domain address, you can switch to whichever email account host you want to without changing your business email address. If you wanted to change provider with a free account, you would have to change your address and you’d lose potential customers.
4. Keep your Personal life and Business life Seperate – It can be hard to switch off as a business owner. Separating your emails can be a great step to freeing up more of your time and ensuring you aren’t working in your time off. Also, vice versa, ensuring you aren’t distracted by personal emails when you are working.
5. Portability – With a business domain address, you can switch to whichever email account host you want to without changing your business email address. If you wanted to change provider with a free account, you would have to change your address and you’d lose potential customers.
There are 2 aspects to a business email account: Before and after the ‘@’. What goes after the ‘@’ is easy, your domain name! When you have a business domain name but use a free account for your email address you lose all the branding power gained by having a domain name. Use your brand to its full potential!!
What about the part before the ‘@’ on your business email?
For a business owner use your full name, or an initial and surname.
This gives the customer a more personal feeling and knows they have direct contact with the owner!
Big business email no’s:
1. Don’t use nicknames.
2. Don’t add numbers or symbols.
3. Avoid ‘owner’ – this is impersonal.
4. The first part of your account is case sensitive – play it safe and use lower case across the whole email.
Have a question or want us to setup your new business email? get in touch.
Setting up a business domain email address is so important and can make your business more professional and reputable and not having one can harm your brand image.
Are you ready to take the next step towards Rocket-Powered Online Marketing? At eGravitas, we provide a service where we host private domains and email addresses. Get in touch today for a free 30 minute call and we will get you set up!
FREE MARKETING ADVICE
There are loads of great free keyword tools to use, but if you are just starting out using these three to create your first few optimised pages and enjoy the results (without spending anything).
For around 10 years, Google has been the most prominent search engine online, but is that changing? Take a look at how TikTok is taking over.
It can be a difficult decision for businesses of all sizes on whether to outsource digital marketing to an external team or to hire in-house.